Here at KLJ, we are Safe, Inclusive, Learners, Performers and Owners. We care that you get home safely. Every person, every idea, and every voice matters. We encourage personal and professional growth. We celebrate performance. As a 100% employee-owned firm, your decisions and efforts will help shape OUR great company.
Why work at KLJ
KLJ Engineering might be just the company you have been looking for. We are that perfect size – not so big that you become a number, not so small that our resources are limited. Here, you can be you, in all your engineering, surveying, planning and scientist glory. Just as you are. We embrace how much you love engineering, because we love it too. We love it when a road curves just right, when we see a familiar water tower on our drive home, or when we consider the fiber in the ground connects us to our friends and family. If you are looking to join a great firm, with amazing technical talent, we know just the place, here at KLJ.
Your growth opportunity
This position serves a pivotal role in ensuring quality design and project deliverables that align with an exceptional client experience and KLJ engineering standards. Position may serve as technical lead, project, or task manager on projects. Position will be responsible for engineering and design tasks of increased complexity and impact.
• Apply engineering principles and standards to perform and direct engineering tasks
• Design of, and the direction of the design of, project elements
• Development of construction and bid documents in accordance with organization and client processes
• Construction administration process and directing on-site construction observation
• Quality Assurance and Quality Control review to ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards
• Participate in and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and clients
• Supervises and develops staff to meet established objectives, including utilization, task performance and quality controls, and builds team morale.
• Talent Management accountabilities include hiring, promotions, terminations, performance reviews, training, succession planning and leadership development
• Ensures that employees are supported by a work environment conducive to high productivity, collaboration, safety, and overall employee engagement and satisfaction.
What You're Responsible For
• Demonstrated advance design competency in structural engineering
• Responsible for the completion of project tasks independently or in teams
• Plans, organizes and manages project elements including client management
• Prepare, and review written reports and other documents
• Assist with preparing for and facilitating public and/or client meetings
• Assist with scope, fee and schedule development
• May market to existing or potential clients and obtain work
• May be Engineer of Record for deliverables
• May lead proposal and interview development
What You'll Need
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited post-secondary institution
• Professional Engineer licensure
• Must possess MS Office skills including Word and Excel
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
• Supervisory duties or ability to lead a team
• Project Management experience
• Prior Engineering Consultant experience
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
• Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl
• Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
• Talk or hear and communicate clearly
The employee must:
• Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
What Else You Need to Know
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive or restrictive and other duties may be assigned. It is a description of the job as presently defined, and is subject at any time to revision. This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.
At KLJ, we have a vested interest in the personal, financial, and professional goals of our employees. The anticipated range for this positions will be between $105K- $150K depending on location and experience. We offer a competitive full suite benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short term incentive program, 401k, and employee stock ownership program. The options available for the current plan year are described at www.kljeng.com/careers/benefits.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US, without employer-sponsorship. KLJ does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas and does not participate in any OPT training program.
KLJ will not be partnering with third-party recruiters on this position.
At KLJ, we love engineering, moving forward, and bringing ideas to life. Our work is more than a project, it's a long-term solution for the communities in which we live and work. We are committed to providing an exceptional experience to our customers – every project, every time. We reimagine what projects can be through innovative planning, design, and support of infrastructure projects of all shapes and sizes. Join our team and reimagine what your career can be.