OUC - The Reliable Onean industry leader and the second largest municipal utility in Florida committed to serving the community and the environment is presently recruiting for a Project Engineer Transmission Planning to join the Transmission Planning Division.
OUC Transmission Planning team is responsible for a range of functions from supporting real time operations within the control room to planning the OUC system 10+ years into the future including generation interconnections. We work with a range tools including PowerGEM TARA, Siemens PTI PSS/E, Aspen, EMS real time study tools, and PSCAD.
OUC planning team members are actively engaged within the power community with regular opportunities to participate in training events, conferences, and committees at a regional and national level. The team monitors and participates in researching emerging issues, advancements in best practices, and standards development.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study from an accredited college or university
· Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration and/or Registered as a Professional Engineer (preferred)
· Minimum of two (2) years of Transmission Planning, and preferably four (4) years of industry experience overall
· Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following:
o Power Plant Operations (i.e. Real-Time, Tags, Schedules, Operators)
o Familiarity with line, transformer and generator modeling concepts
o Transmission Planning and/or Operations Planning concepts and practices
o State Estimation and Real Time contingency Analysis tolls
OUC Total Rewards package includes :
Low cost medical, dental benefits, and paid life insurance premiums with no probationary period Retirement benefits include a cash balance account with employer matching along with a health reimbursement account
OUC–The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules, and regulations.
Education/Certification/Years of Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field of study from an accredited college or university;
· A minimum of two (2) years of experience in transmission planning (preferred requirement), or a minimum of four (4) years of directly related electric distribution planning, system protection, transmission engineering, or EMS support experience with the demonstrated skill and aptitude necessary for transmission planning;
· Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited college or university (preferred);
The Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC - The Reliable One) is a municipally-owned public utility providing electric and water services to the citizens of Orlando, Florida, St. Cloud, Florida, and unincorporated Orange and Osceola counties. Established in 1923 by a special act of the Florida Legislature, OUC is the second largest municipal utility in Florida and 14th largest municipal in the country. OUC provides electric, water, chilled water and/or lighting services to 400,000 accounts. The company is governed by a five-member commission (including the Mayor of Orlando), which is responsible for all operating policies.OUC has maintained the best electric reliability in the state of Florida for 21 years in a row, when compared to Florida’s investor-owned utilities. Our power is produced at the OUC-owned Stanton Energy Center via a diverse fuel portfolio, which includes nearly 20 megawatts of solar energy.And, our clean, safe, great-tasting water - which is pumped from the Lower Floridan Aquifer - undergoes more than 20,000 chemical and bacteriological water quality tests each year, including tests for more than 135 regulated and unregulated substances like lead and copper.Website: h...ttp://www.ouc.comIndustry: UtilitiesCompany size: 1,001-5,000 employeesIncludes members with current employer listed as Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC - The Reliable One), including part-time roles.Headquarters : Orlando, FloridaFounded: 1923