VanDeMark Chemical Inc., located in Lockport, NY, is looking for Chemical Operators. The Chemical Operator is responsible for operating various chemical manufacturing units, which include but are not limited to reactors, distillation columns, centrifuges, pumps, etc.
Essential job duties include:
1. Monitors assigned process areas to assure proper control, even during process upsets. Trouble shoots processes during upsets as required.
2. Maintains plant cleanliness standards within assigned area of the plant.
3. Capable of learning and retaining operational knowledge of many different process areas.
4. Maintains close working relationships with all plant departments.
5. Ensures complete and accurate production records are maintained as required.
6. Responsible for various permits, including hot work permits, line breaks and entry permits.
7. Assures compliance with governmental and company requirements to safety, environmental protection, health, product storage and shipment.
1. High level of awareness for Safety, Environmental, and Quality
2. Ability to learn jobs quickly and be able to multi-task
3. Troubleshooting skills
4. Judgement and decisiveness skills
5. Mechanical Aptitude/abilities
6. Strong communication skills
High School Diploma or equivalent
Basic English and Math skills
Overall knowledge of chemical process equipment such as reactors, instrumentation, centrifuges, filters, and pumps beneficial.
Must be able to handle physical requirements of the job, which include frequently climbing stairs, operating manual valves, handling waste drums and operating forklifts, chain falls, drum tippers, and drumming equipment. The job involves shift work, overtime and call-ins.
About VanDeMark Chemical Inc.
Headquartered in Lockport, New York, VanDeMark is the leading producer of merchant phosgene in North America. We manufacture phosgene derivatives used to produce agrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, adhesives, coatings, plastics, electronics, personal care items, flame retardants and other products that contribute to an enriched quality of life.