Construction - Equipment Operation, Construction - Foreman, Construction - Management, Construction Trades
PRIDE Industries, Inc is searching for engineers in various locations in Southern California, including the Bakersfield Superior Court, BL Lambreaux Justice Center in Orange, Central Courthouse in San Diego and the County of Ventura in Oxnard. To apply for one of these outstanding opportunities, please go to https://prideindustries.com/jobs/
Under limited supervision, the Stationary Engineer operates and maintains the equipment to generate power, heat, air conditioning and refrigeration to buildings. Employees in this job class are responsible for air and hydronic systems that heat and cool buildings, ventilation systems, refrigeration systems and other mechanical systems. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of preventative maintenance supporting install equipment.
1. *Operates stationary equipment install in facilities. 2. *Performs routine maintenance on stationary equipment. 3. *Researches and solicits vendors for repair parts and preventative maintenance parts for stationary equipment. 4. *Performs maintenance and repairs on systems serviced by stationary equipment. 5. *Acts as a liaison between the customer and work control to accomplish service orders in a timely manner. 6. *Maintain records of equipment performance and analyze to enhance system performance and equipment longevity. 7. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
*Denotes Essential Job Function
• Four of more years of experience in a stationary engineer position performing installed equipment maintenance and service; • Knowledge of a wide variety of equipment manufactures and designs,
• Understanding of physics, refrigeration, air conditioning, hydronic design and system design; • Skills in specialized software related to HVAC controls and other building controls; • Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests; • Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English; • Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data; • Human relations skills to build effective working relationships; • Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and commonsense skills.
Work is performed at a customer’s location in office, shop, warehouse, or outdoor environment. May require driving to and from worksite locations. Equipment can be located in crawl spaces, rooftops, and outside facility. Employees may be exposed to hazardous and/or toxic substances, electrical shock, noise from equipment, and depending on external weather conditions, wind, rain, cold, and heat.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Standing and walking
• Bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching • Lifting of boxes or equipment up to 50 pounds • Climbing ladders or step stools
Valid Driver's License
Internal Number: 2020-12058; 2020-12059;
About PRIDE Industries, Inc
PRIDE Industries is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social enterprise and the leading employer of people with disabilities, wounded veterans, and other barriers to employment. For more than fifty years, we have partnered with communities to create employment opportunities through person-centered job coaching, training, and placement. PRIDE’s mission extends nationwide, assisting individuals to become self-sufficient, contribute to their communities, and achieve their employment goals.