Project Manager - White Stone, SC-1902684 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Project Manager (1902684) - White Stone, SC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to service the technical support needs for a linked regional site. You will be responsible for providing project engineering and project coordination support in assigned plant areas to assure proper design, procurement, and construction of capital and expense projects (usually< $15M) per regulatory and BASF standards. In addition to project engineering and coordination support on $5M-15M projects, you will also be involved in managing small projects (<$1M) from development scope to completion.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education in Engineering along with experience in a chemical, petrochemical, utility, or similar manufacturing environment, you will provide leadership to the project team including engineering, production, procurement, and construction.
* With your proven successful track record of executing multiple small to medium size capital projects, you will achieve project objectives which include functionality, cost, and schedule for project investments up to approximately $15M.
* Utilizing your outstanding technical, leadership, and communication skills, you will assist and prepare appropriate project documentation and participate in peer groups to ensure application of best practices.
* With your knowledge of project management processes and project execution best practices, you will champion the scope development process to ensure completeness of basic engineering and seek opportunities for added value through application of Value Based Engineering.
* Successfully engaging across the organization, you will develop, establish, and maintain partnerships with assigned project manufacturing representatives to execute projects from initial scoping and funding, through detailed engineering and procurement, to startup and commissioning, and final documentation and closure.
* As a leader of project teams, you will request and coordinate required process and discipline engineering and design resources, whether from the site, corporate groups or outside engineering vendors, to prepare engineering design deliverables and procure equipment, fabricated materials, and services.
* Your broad knowledge of chemical unit operations will be a valued asset as you ensure compliance with all environmental, safety, and health requirements, and promote a safe working environment for project execution. Additionally, you will adhere to current corporate and plant requirements for equipment/materials specifications and vendor preferences.
* Leaning on your business savvy, you will maintain SAP project data entries, monitor project progress through scheduling and other tools, perform project status reporting, and control spending through appropriate tracking, forecasting, and adjustments.
* Your solid attention to detail and organizational skills will be a valued asset as you will follow through to ensure that Operations achieves a successful project startup, and that any project-related action items are completed. You will also close projects per guidelines, and ensure proper documentation of files, records, databases, and drawings to meet regulatory and BASF requirements.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.